Sunday, January 20, 2008

Story of AirAsia

AirAsia is a globally known brand that has made Malaysian proud. But I still don't fancy taking AirAsia on my trip simply because no loyalty card, no free meal on board, no newspaper for me to read during the journey, have to walk under the sun or rain to the plane, and most important of all...my company can afford to pay my trip on Malaysia Airlines.


Dato Tony Fernandes, the person responsible behind the AirAsia brand. He bought a bankrupt airline that no one wanted and turned it into one of the most succesful low cost carriers in the world.
  • 38 Airbus compared to 14 of Malaysia Airlines (MAS), in the running to become the largest Airbus user in the world.

  • Can afford to become the official low cost airline of Manchester United. (MAS no where to be seen)

  • Much much more profit than MAS
If AirAsia provides a premium service just like what MAS provides but maintain the current low cost strategy, I am pretty sure it will overtake MAS soon and I will, jump ship at that time :)

Tèŕŕåńċę

No comments: